Number 1: My green as can be sock is nearing the toe finish! I find the toes go very fast, as I’m sure you do too, because you do double decreases every other row. I don’t believe in Kitchener. So I leave more stitches to put together because my feet are small but wide. I turn my socks inside out and do a 3 needle secure bind off.
Number 2: I’m making clover salad tonight. Thanks to all of you who are telling me it is safe to eat and sweet. Given that our Romaine and lettuce choices at the grocery seem to be contaminted perhaps I shall sell my clover ? I could try. That would be so fun. See how isolation can change your definition of fun?
Number 3: The other day in my experimental podcast vloggy thing, I was going to show you my finished purse. So Fireman helped me. I bought snaps on line He pounded them in and I have a top snap you can see as silver, and a bottom snap coverecd with a cute wooden button.
I made up the pattern. I hoped the Peruvian yarn would felt and it did. I LOVE THIS PURSE. I may try to write a pattern for it.
Number 4: I have a group on Ravelry started March 13th to help; us get through COVID. Now folks are saying Ravelry violated some standard with their new look and they may go under. Please please NO!!! I love Ravelry. It has been the mecca for so many of us.
Have you heard this?
5. We finally got storms yesterday. We got an inch and a half of rain per our rain guage. I think some willl pop today. It is soupy as stink, but I love this in summer. The cycle of humid hot, then storms, cool off and great sleep. Get up. Repeat. It is my reward for long ugly March and November. And April sometimes….
6. Camp activity is offering Spanish for beginners Instruction. So far Fireman is doing awesome but cannot understand why he doesn’t know how to speak after 3 lessons….Thanks to Zach for the distant teaching . I love just listening to you both talk. I’m proud of both of them.
7. I mentioned that sometimes I make something and it ends up something else, so I felt it. Here is that envelope pillow I ended up loving and had no idea it would become a pillow. This is not completely random, dear blog readers. I was talking felting with the purse photos earlier. I’m just a little scattered.
8. The turkey couple visited a few days ago. The scratch backwards and then eat. I hope they keep coming back. Fireman alerted me to ugly shiny green beetles on my clematis. I hurried out with my soapy water concoction and tried to smother the destructive insects. I read that birds will eat them. So I am scaling back just a tad on the birdseed offerings. Maybe they need some hunger to get them to eat those ugly insects. If I am offereing them high quality seed, well, then they aren’t going to take to task and rid the beetles for me right?
9. It seems this has been a year for my stars to align where I am pouring energy into getting my money back on purchases and insurance issues. I won’t bore you with much, but let us just say that my handwritten letter to the Board of Directors of UPS has gotten NO response in 2 weeks. UPS agents on the phone are trained , I know believe, to say let me put you on a brief hold, ten times, and then you give up . THey come back and say we cannot help you. SOrry.
I had to fight for 5 months to get my ER deductible back from the Barn’s insurance after a certain horse plowed me down in February. I got it.
I dont’ really want to mention Kohl’s either because they were a real sh_t show about taking an item back. I cant even explain why we ordered something from them, and it came to our address in a Target box, with a reciept inside saying it was purchased by someone in Alabama.
Marshall Fields …….I dream of you. GIve the lady what she wants. Oh and speaking of dreams!!! Deb and I had a visit in her dream the other night! WHat! Im overjoyed. I m going to try to dream my way into her house tonight.
Oh wait, Petco did something really right. And Walgreens did too. So some companies get an A plus from me.
10. If you hung in this long, you are an amazing blog pal. I ‘ll edit this later. I got up and vacuumed and washed the wood floors and some screens before a friend of Fireman’s was due to arrive. You know my rule: Never ever clean unless someone sees you working that hard. So, I’m sorry my post is an lunch time one today. Stay well.