Maybe we should just start the timeline from yesterday:
1- First day of Summer Session at the Barn!! JOY JOY JOY. And rain. In buckets. And Thunder so we were indoors. No one spooked! So happy, I am, to be back there! You will recall I had my new kitty tattoo done during break let it heal cleanly!
2-Brought peanut butter cookies to pal Maribeth, whose mom passed early yesterday. Threatening skies all around…at 5 ish.
3. Made It home before the bad stuff hit.
4. The rainbow was so big and so beautiful. Zach and I took photos of it. With our good cameras and our cellphones.
5. Fireman hurt his ribs badly on Friday. Long story. He will consider this a violation as I am even telling you about it! Tough. By yesterday afternoon he was in a lot of pain. Every day the pain has gotten worse. Nurse wife encourages him to call doctor. Nurse wife realizes he’s an 8 on the Eaanagram scale and 8s do as they wish.
7. After a most entertaining Cub game we get ready for bed. Fireman gingerly lays down and I bring him support pillows. He looks at me and says, ” I’m so sorry, I have to go to the ER” .
8. Im so good at the support person role (I am a 2 on the scale, so I’m a ridiculous helper. I help so much people can’t stand it) So I drive us to the Wisconsin ER. Our first time in an ER where we didn’t know half the staff! Fireman’s heart is very healthy. He just had a complete workup and his cardiac risk is almost zero.
Nurse Kristin, says, “Your blood pressures’ screaming. What s been going on?”
Paddle board injury. I’ve never seen Fireman’s b/p high. NEVER. I was so glad we came in. I didn’t want his BP high and I didn’t want him in pain. X-rays, pain meds and breathing toy. Home. Fireman got some rest!
And I was so glad I had my new sock to knit on while we waited. I am bringing the nurse candy later. She’s a travel nurse and they don’t get much candy. But Al was a traveler so I want to thank her!
Today began with a trip to Walgreens to fill script and then home to do some weeding. Regina, here are some of the things you have given me in the yard that are doing great:
Just look at those gorgeous grasses shooting uP!! And look at the mini poms!!
Can somebody tell me what this flower is below? I think it was from seeds you gave me Regina. They are spike flowers, very dainty, that turn a pretty pinkish and then they are done:
Soon Val, I will see more flowers from the seeds you sent! The Chives are thriving. The alyssum? has bloomed!
I am so glad many of you want to chat in the comments!!! Me too. It is fun and we have such a great group that comments (and LURKS) here! Thanks. Im going to take a nap now.