This is my friend Regina’s first log cabin blanket finished. Isn’t it awesome?
Did you notice I can say Log and Cabin and blanket again? Time heals all wounds. Even USPS knit wounds.
Regina and I met because her husband and Fireman are cycling friends. Our husbands spun their wheels for years together before Regina and I ever met.
Now I’d say we have launched our own relationship. Isn’t that fun?
A few of my thoughts about friends:
- you don’t have to knit to be my friend, but you do have to let me knit when we meet for coffee or the like. And you should ask what I’m making and not ignore that I’m knitting. We don’t have to dwell on it, but cmon, it is the wooly mammoth in the room after all
- there is something wonderful about sibling friends. Michelle, I love you.
- you do have to appreciate my knit gifts to you and I do want to see you wearing them in a photo or even in person. I’m needy like that.
- you get that I go to the Wool festival with you, but we will lose one another during shopping and find each other at the frozen lemonade stand
- blog friends are unique and not really pretend. When my mother lived and died, you all rallied behind me and I’m forever grateful
- all my friends loved my mom. They remember her style, her laugh, her cigarette in one hand and diet pepsi in the other.
- my high school friends are just 3. and me. High school was a long time ago. 3 friends from the 1970s through thick and thin.
- my McDonald work days are also from the 70s. I have a couple of friends from those very fun days. And FIREMAN who is my best friend who i met working under the golden arches.
- my friends know they can call me or text me 24/7 and I’ll pick up the phone.
- I put a lot of energy into my relationships with friends naturally. I have a blast with them, and then I pass out. Laughing, discussing, debating, listening….I give it my all.
- I am most happy when i forget what i was going to say to a friend, because I was truly listening to them and not waiting for my turn to talk. I grew up in a loud house where everyone fought to be the story teller. So for me to be a good listener is something I still practice.
- Do you have some friend thoughts you want to share?