Here we go. I’m up for another Monday Q and A, but I seriously don’t think I can do another whole year of coming up with interesting questions! Would you email me one interesting question, and I’ll make a list of YOUR questions next week on Monday?
#1. Do you use a mannequin, prop or person for modeling your knits?
#2. Do you know anyone who has gone through the ice?
#3. Do you wear reading glasses, bifocals, contacts?
#4 Have you tried a new skill yet in 2017?
#5. Name a favorite President of the USA.
#6. When was the last time you were lost? (parking lots count)
#7. What yarn type is most prevalent in your stash?
#8. Since we are in an ice storm, name something you like over ice.
#9. What time did you fall asleep last night?
#10. Share a winter memory of your MOther….
- I use people props. Al knit that hat. It’s gorgeous. She wore it to Chicago and promptly told me its now mine. It doesn’t fit her head. Fits mine!
- I wear bifocals, with a line. thank you very much. I’m proud of my line. I know exactly where to look because of that wonderful line.
- That’s me on the ice yesterday on lake Geneva. Personally, I know of one person’s dog that went through the ice, and survived. Connie let her dog out and he ran onto the pond ice in her townhouse subdivision. She was so traumatized she had to call in sick that night. We were just glad SHE didnt have a heart attack and the dog was pulled out by rescuers.
- I have tried a new skill! That’s my toe up on the second try. I’m hoping to master the heel today, because I’m stuck inside with the ice storm. The heel part looks much more difficult and full of math, than the toe was. Wish me luck.
- A favorite President: well Lincoln. Such a leader. Such a human being of dignity. Such a difficult life his wife lead. I also love the Carters even though Jimmy was not a very successful President. He has lived an admirable life as a citizen extraordinaire, I think.
- Last time I was lost: ha! Last week. . I got lost going to the new vet just down the road a piece. How I missed the building I don’t know. I was all turned around. and Siri wasn’t helping fast enough. I was directing Fireman who was driving and I directed us right past it without even knowing it.
- Easy one: SOCK YARN
- I love Diet Coke over ice. I also like Skim milk over ice. (Dont judge!!! hahah)
- I dont’know the exact time, but after the Packers won their game and we watched the weather about a hundred times, we went to bed. I fell asleep quickly. My guess: 10:45
- A winter memory of my mom: My mom would put on her WHITE and I mean White winter down coat, and go out to the porch to have a cigarette a few times a day in the winter. My mom kept that coat white for years. She was so good at keeping things lovely. My father refused to let her smoke in the house after his bypass surgery. So my mom would bundle up and have her cigarette. (4 times a day, just a few puffs) Her little moment of calm. She tried so hard to quit smoking. It drove her nuts that she couldn’t stop. She didnt want people to know she smoked. She was ashamed. I told her to go ahead and have the darn cigarette. It was a JOY in her life. If she met someone at a party who needed to go out and have a cigarette, she was right there with them , instantly bonded. She has since forgotten that she smoked.